The festivities kick off Friday and Saturday as the Lake City Community Center hosts their 63rd annual Salmon Bake and a model railroad! And on Saturday, NE 125th Street will transform into a festive scene complete with a vintage car show, entertainment, vendors a kids parade and the Grand Parade!
Pioneer Days is part of Seattle's annual Seafair celebration and in years past was one of the city's largest neighborhood parades. Come out and support your community!
The Schedule for Pioneer Days:
- Fred Meyers Street Festival — 10 a.m. - 5p.m. — NE 125th from 26th to Lake City Way & on 28th — vendors, food, music, gymnastics, skateboarding, pony rides and more!
- Union Bank Vintage Car Show — 2611 NE 125th St, behind LC Professional Center — Registration opens at 8 a.m., the car show opens at 10 a.m., trophies are awarded at 4 p.m.
- Lake City Lions' Salmon Bake — 12531 28th Ave NE — The Lake City Community Center holds their 63rd annual Salmon Bake on Friday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. and again on Saturday from 11 to 7 — $9 adults, $8.50 seniors and children — Proceeds go to Lake City Community Center.
- Rotary Kid's Parade — 6 p.m. — show up at Wells Fargo (130th & Lake City Way) at 5 p.m. with kid's dressed in costume. Ribbons are awarded before the parade — Categories this year are: Western, Comic Book Heros/Fantasy, Ballerinas, Groups/Floats, You and Your Pet, Misc.
- Pierre Auto Centers Grand Parade! — 7 p.m. — Find a great spot (on Lake City Way from 135th - 123rd) and enjoy the show! Clowns, bands, pirates, drill teams, and equestrian groups and of course the Lake City Vigilantes. Seafair judges will award for best entries.
More info about the festival can be found here: http://lakecityfestival.com