Help create a new green space in Lake City
We are proposing a “pocket park” in Olympic Hills at the street end of NE 133rd, between 27th and 28th avenues. This work party is the beginning of a longer-term plan to restore and beautify the site.
Saturday, September 21, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
This will be a fun and productive community event!
- The City will provide tools, and experts will provide guidance
- Wear long pants and closed-toe shoes
- We will pull weeds and spread mulch on cleared areas
- There will be goats onsite, working on the toughest blackberry patches
- Consider walking, biking, or taking the bus (Metro Route 65 stops nearby)
- Refreshments will be provided
You need not register to participate, but if you do it will help us with planning: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/OlympicHills
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call Janine at 206-498-6695
Organized by Lake City Greenways, sponsored by Seattle Parks Foundation, funded by the Seattle Department of Neighborhoods, and with major assist from SDOT.