Tuesday, August 7th, from 6pm to dusk
25th Ave NE, between 127th and 130th
(see invitation below)
We will need some help this year putting our block party together. If you would like to be involved please review the list and comment below or email coordinator Lina — email@example.com — to let us know what you can do.
Even if you can’t volunteer we hope to see you there. This is a great time to eat, laugh and get to know your neighbors. There will be plenty of kids activities and we always close it down with a campfire and s'mores!
- We need a parade leader. Preferably someone who plays a drum or other instrument to lead us along
Eating and drinking
- Chairs — the more the better
- Grills — it's good to have at least 2
- Tables — the more the better
- Drinks —juices, soda, water, tea, etc.
- Cups — preferably paper so we can dump in compost
- S'mores — Lina will take care of this
- Plates, plastic-ware - Lina will also get this
- Music — we would love to have a band this year - any ideas?
- Kids play stuff —Lina, Josh
- Skateboard ramp/rails - Kevin, George
- Firepit — Lina, Josh
- Name tags— meet your neighbors, remember their names
- Firewood —Josh
Set up and Clean up
- Help setting up road closed signs, tables, chairs etc (5:00 or 5:30)
- Trash cans — the more the better
- Labels for trash/recycle/ compost
- Someone in charger of clean up
Can you think of something else we need?
We look forward to seeing you all! Feel free to invite a neighbor to join us!
See our flyer below the jump: