We are attempting to post meeting agendas and minutes from neighborhood organizations and will put these on our calendar as well.
Lake City Taskforce on Homelessness Agenda - Feb. 10, 2012
Work Plan as Taskforce for Lake City Development Council
- Supporting emergency services, homeless prevention, shelter, permanent supportive housing and food provision efforts in Lake City
- Meeting monthly to collaborate on provision efforts in Lake City
- Advocating around larger city-wide issues around homelessness
- Organizing One Night Count in Lake City every January
- Educating local community on efforts to end homelessness
- Attending Community Meetings
- Safe Walks (joining Lake City Community Council during the summer months)
- Brainstorming Employment Opportunities for persons experiencing homelessness/low income residents
- Clean-up projects for Lake City?
- Report on Pierre Properties - Marty Curry, UW Professor of Urban Design
- Report on Faith and Family Homelessness Application - Safe Parking subcommittee?
- North Helpline
- CPC - Valor Apartments - Relocation
- Medical Respite - Mar. 13, 4:30-6pm - Medical Respite Findings Report
- Safe Walk - see schedule on other side
- Dental Van (raised $2100) - next date Feb. 29
- Sponsor a month ($400)- we owe $400 (Checks to Seattle Mennonite)!
- Evaluation report -continue until Fall 2012, review again in May
- Co-Site Coordinator needed - training by Elizabeth Moehrke
- Planning ahead:
- Shelter - exploring beyond April 1, 2012
- GLA Moving - Where? Please consider proposal to host the program
- Housing First - Congregations adopting people, set up car safe parking program, buy a house/ cover rent expenses
Feb. 11, 10-noon Advocacy 101 - SPU Student Union Building, firstname.lastname@example.org
Feb. 14 Interfaith Advocacy Day in Olympia
Feb. 22, am Olympia - Housing and Homelessness Advocacy
Feb. 23, 10-noon Safe Parking fact finding- Lake City Pres. 3841 NE 123 Street
Feb. 29 Dental Van comes to GLA
March 9, 3:30-5pm Next Taskforce Meeting
Mar. 13, 4:30-6pm Medical Respite Report Seattle Mennonite
May 5, 11am Lecture on Homelessness, Church in the Rd.
May 6, noon North Helpline's Empty Bowls Fundraiser, Elks Club