Friday, February 10, 2012
Lake City Community Council meeting agenda includes important issues
On Wednesday, February 15, from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. the Lake City Community Council will meet and address some important issues that will help shape the future of our neighborhood.
Among topics to be discussed are the future of the Lake City Community Center. The center's lease renewal will be discussed. The current lease with the Lions Club is set to expire.
Also to be discussed is the Pierre Properties Planning Process & Application for Small Sparks grant.
The UGM winter shelter will also be discussed.
The meeting will be at the Lake City Mennonite Church, in the community room.
3120 NE 125th Street. Parking is available in back and meeting participants can enter on the 33rd Avenue side of the building.
7:00 pm Welcome and Introductions
7:10 pm Presentation – Charles Eng , Seattle Parks & Recreation:
RFP for Lease Renewal of Lake City Community Center
7:30 pm Tom Carden, Elliot Bay Brewing Company – Progress Report on Lake City Location
7:45 pm Huong Ngyuen – Programs at Lake City Library & Public Library Levy information
8:00 pm Reports & Planning
- Opportunity for Feedback from LCCC attendees regarding the Winter Shelter
(to be forwarded to John LaRose at Union Gospel Mission)
- Holiday Art Carts – Quick Debrief (what should we do or not do differently next year?)
- Lake City Development Council report
- Spring Clean Event for May?
- Status of the Pierre Properties Planning Process & Application for Small Sparks grant
- Resume Lake City Safe Walks in March?
- Future of LCCC – Steering Committee Members Needed
8:55 pm Next Meeting
Update on Lake City Pierre Properties & UW Charette
at 6:21 PM