The following are some of the notes made by the weekly walkers:
- At 125th and 25th on the SW corner the Adopt a Street sign broke at the base and is laying on the ground. Status: Reported this to the Adopt a Street program
- At Hiram and 25th there is a fallen branch from the madrone tree that needs to be removed. Status: Reported this to the Adopt a Street program
- At 125th and 26th on the SW corner along the sidewalk in front of the 2527 property, there is an overgrowth of ivy that goes roughly 2 feet over the sidewalk. Status: Reported this to DPD.
- At 125th and 26th on the SW corner along the sidewalk in front of the 2527 property, there is the remnants of a fallen tree in the ledger strip that needs to be stumped so that the grass can be mowed. Status: Reported this to SDOT.
- At the SW corner of 127th and 30th there is an ongoing drainage issue. The area floods during rain. If you walk along the south side of the street you are forced out into traffic. This is an ongoing issue that has been brought to the city's attention in the past. It one of many drainage issues in our neighborhood. This will require a letter from the community and some long term tracking to resolve. Could be a meeting topic and maybe a letter writing campaign to the City to fix this drainage issue.
|Evidence of heavy drinking|
- The southern section of the east block face of 30th, north of 127th. There was evidence of heavy drinking in the stairwells behind the Panos property. Dozens of empty malt liquor cans and Irish Rose bottles found there. This is an ongoing issue that has been brought to the attention of the city and Panos Properies in the past. Two primary factors seem to contribute to this: the 99 cent store selling the product and the multiple areas behind the building where the products are consumed. The 99 cent store is also known to sell "roses" that are contained in glass tubes that are used for smoking crack. Letter writing campaign to the City and the property owner to get the walls removed.